logo257x50
Курс (CAD)
USD 0.70
EUR 0.62
BTC/USD 83,561
 
Сегодня
23 °C  Today weather
Завтра
21 °C  Tomorrow weather
 
чтв, 12 апр. 2007 г., 15:45
I just bought a Sun Netra T1 AC2000, however the system asks for a "firmware password" after boot...

I called sun, they want a minimum $2,500 deposit upfront before they look at this problem..

Anyhow, if I remove the system configuration card the system boots, complains about the missing card and puts me at the "ok" prompt.
I entered a password command a set a new password, but I am not sure what password does the password command change at the "ok" prompt.

I also read about stop+n sequence(to reset nvram), yet I do not have a sun keyboard, and from what I gathered this command cannot be executed over serial.

I am able to get to the lom prompt if I boot without the system configuration card, and enter "#." at the ok prompt. I need to type these commands to reset the nvram:
bootmode reset_nvram
reset

However the only command that seem to work at the lom prompt is the ctrl+break (^C). anything else I type does not show up on my display(using securecrt program via serial to netra)

I can't believe that resetting something as simple as a BIOS password in a pc world world would require a $2,500 commitment in a Sun world:((

Kto to znaet kak s etim razobratsa?? Servak bil kuplen s ebaya..
vitbsd
I just bought a Sun Netra T1 AC2000, however the system asks for a "firmware password" after boot...

I called sun, they want a minimum $2,500 deposit upfront before they look at this problem..

Anyhow, if I remove the system configuration card the system boots, complains about the missing card and puts me at the "ok" prompt.
I entered a password command a set a new password, but I am not sure what password does the password command change at the "ok" prompt.

I also read about stop+n sequence(to reset nvram), yet I do not have a sun keyboard, and from what I gathered this command cannot be executed over serial.

I am able to get to the lom prompt if I boot without the system configuration card, and enter "#." at the ok prompt. I need to type these commands to reset the nvram:
bootmode reset_nvram
reset

However the only command that seem to work at the lom prompt is the ctrl+break (^C). anything else I type does not show up on my display(using securecrt program via serial to netra)

I can't believe that resetting something as simple as a BIOS password in a pc world world would require a $2,500 commitment in a Sun world:((

Kto to znaet kak s etim razobratsa?? Servak bil kuplen s ebaya..
чтв, 12 апр. 2007 г., 15:48
Как можно такое покупать с Ebay я не пойму! Ты короче попал.
Solipsist
Как можно такое покупать с Ebay я не пойму! Ты короче попал.
чтв, 12 апр. 2007 г., 15:49
Кто продал, пусть и объясняет.
Metal_Fly
Кто продал, пусть и объясняет.
чтв, 12 апр. 2007 г., 15:51
Действительно надень ему сервак на голову. У тебя гарантия хотя бы была или ты в чистом виде купил?
Last edited by Solipsist on чтв, 12 апр. 2007 г., 15:52
Solipsist
Действительно надень ему сервак на голову. У тебя гарантия хотя бы была или ты в чистом виде купил?
чтв, 12 апр. 2007 г., 15:55
If you can boot any solaris OS on it, you can then run the "eeprom"
command and change the password. Otherwise you'll have to pull the
eeprom out of it (to flush the memory) and then put it back in.
-----
Хех... Павлины...
C добрым утром!
Любишь кататься - люби и нагибаться.
}|{yTb
If you can boot any solaris OS on it, you can then run the "eeprom"
command and change the password. Otherwise you'll have to pull the
eeprom out of it (to flush the memory) and then put it back in.
-----
Хех... Павлины...
C добрым утром!
Любишь кататься - люби и нагибаться.
чтв, 12 апр. 2007 г., 16:00
I tried pulling the eprom, it dosent reset the pass.

I pulled it out from a live system, then reinserted, pulled it out from off system, inserted after boot.. etc.. tried all combos, still nothing:(

I read about booting an OS and using the eprom command before, however I dont have access to any sparc system with scsi at all:(
vitbsd
I tried pulling the eprom, it dosent reset the pass.

I pulled it out from a live system, then reinserted, pulled it out from off system, inserted after boot.. etc.. tried all combos, still nothing:(

I read about booting an OS and using the eprom command before, however I dont have access to any sparc system with scsi at all:(
чтв, 12 апр. 2007 г., 19:47
Would anyone agree for a small reward, or beer, or both to help a fellow user:)

I will give you my scsi hd and you just dump a default install of freebsd/solaris/debian (will take ~30m, may be less if freebsd/debian) or I would do it in front of you myself.... System must be sparc though..

or

You can let me use your sun keyboard(usb) for 10 seconds( I need to send stop-n to clear the nvram, this can't be done via serial)

It seems my only other alternative is to replace the nvram chip.. but this will cost $$$ and will take like at least 14 days to arrive....
vitbsd
Would anyone agree for a small reward, or beer, or both to help a fellow user:)

I will give you my scsi hd and you just dump a default install of freebsd/solaris/debian (will take ~30m, may be less if freebsd/debian) or I would do it in front of you myself.... System must be sparc though..

or

You can let me use your sun keyboard(usb) for 10 seconds( I need to send stop-n to clear the nvram, this can't be done via serial)

It seems my only other alternative is to replace the nvram chip.. but this will cost $$$ and will take like at least 14 days to arrive....
чтв, 12 апр. 2007 г., 19:58
http://www.squirrel.com/squirrel/sun-nvram-hostid.faq.html

Resetting the NVRAM (when Stop-N doesn't do it)

You might want to do this to recover from the loss of an NVRAM password (in full security mode) or if you mess up your nvramrc. I think that the safest thing to do is pay the $20 for a new Timekeeper chip. But several people have reported to me success hot-swapping the NVRAM (i.e. removing and installing a new chip when the system is on).

[email protected] (Stephen Dowdy) writes:
> (this may apply to other SPARC models.)
> IPC -- remove NVRAM, power-up without. *carefully* hot-plug it in when OK
> prompt comes up (after it says CHECKSUM failure). do:
> OK set-defaults
> OK set-defaults
> then power-cycle
>
> SS2 -- you need to boot from a good NVRAM, then hot-swap the "bad" one
> and "set-defaults". Only if the L1-N (or is it L1-D) thingy
> doesn't work for you.
-----
www.laseremitter.com - Visuals and Lasershows.
Last edited by Kashey on чтв, 12 апр. 2007 г., 20:04
Kashey
http://www.squirrel.com/squirrel/sun-nvram-hostid.faq.html

Resetting the NVRAM (when Stop-N doesn't do it)

You might want to do this to recover from the loss of an NVRAM password (in full security mode) or if you mess up your nvramrc. I think that the safest thing to do is pay the $20 for a new Timekeeper chip. But several people have reported to me success hot-swapping the NVRAM (i.e. removing and installing a new chip when the system is on).

[email protected] (Stephen Dowdy) writes:
> (this may apply to other SPARC models.)
> IPC -- remove NVRAM, power-up without. *carefully* hot-plug it in when OK
> prompt comes up (after it says CHECKSUM failure). do:
> OK set-defaults
> OK set-defaults
> then power-cycle
>
> SS2 -- you need to boot from a good NVRAM, then hot-swap the "bad" one
> and "set-defaults". Only if the L1-N (or is it L1-D) thingy
> doesn't work for you.
-----
www.laseremitter.com - Visuals and Lasershows.
чтв, 12 апр. 2007 г., 21:04
I just bought a Sun Netra T1 AC2000, however the system asks for a "firmware password" after boot...

I called sun, they want a minimum $2,500 deposit upfront before they look at this problem..


Вы наверно любите Майкрософт переодически похаить? Угадал? :)


Микисофт здесь не причём - здесь проблема железа.
-----
www.laseremitter.com - Visuals and Lasershows.
Kashey
I just bought a Sun Netra T1 AC2000, however the system asks for a "firmware password" after boot...

I called sun, they want a minimum $2,500 deposit upfront before they look at this problem..


Вы наверно любите Майкрософт переодически похаить? Угадал? :)


Микисофт здесь не причём - здесь проблема железа.
-----
www.laseremitter.com - Visuals and Lasershows.
чтв, 12 апр. 2007 г., 22:08
Kashey,

I tried pulling it/reinserting nvram without any luck, as for nvram swap - I don't have access to another chip...

Blin, prosto dosadno, vrodi bi klasnaya rabochaya mashina i tut tebe v lob etot dolbaniy firmware pass....

Shas vrode esli vutashit hd's to servak pitaetsa sdelat net boot.. Perhaps I can dump something at it, login as root and disable the eprom sec.... If that dosent work then I am going to order the new nvram from sun....
vitbsd
Kashey,

I tried pulling it/reinserting nvram without any luck, as for nvram swap - I don't have access to another chip...

Blin, prosto dosadno, vrodi bi klasnaya rabochaya mashina i tut tebe v lob etot dolbaniy firmware pass....

Shas vrode esli vutashit hd's to servak pitaetsa sdelat net boot.. Perhaps I can dump something at it, login as root and disable the eprom sec.... If that dosent work then I am going to order the new nvram from sun....
чтв, 12 апр. 2007 г., 23:09
Kashey,

I tried pulling it/reinserting nvram without any luck, as for nvram swap - I don't have access to another chip...

Blin, prosto dosadno, vrodi bi klasnaya rabochaya mashina i tut tebe v lob etot dolbaniy firmware pass....

Shas vrode esli vutashit hd's to servak pitaetsa sdelat net boot.. Perhaps I can dump something at it, login as root and disable the eprom sec.... If that dosent work then I am going to order the new nvram from sun....


Я почти уверен что она забутается а потом опять пассворд спросит. Кстати как nvram выглядит. С этикеткой или черный с DALLAS или как-то еще?
-----
www.laseremitter.com - Visuals and Lasershows.
Kashey
Kashey,

I tried pulling it/reinserting nvram without any luck, as for nvram swap - I don't have access to another chip...

Blin, prosto dosadno, vrodi bi klasnaya rabochaya mashina i tut tebe v lob etot dolbaniy firmware pass....

Shas vrode esli vutashit hd's to servak pitaetsa sdelat net boot.. Perhaps I can dump something at it, login as root and disable the eprom sec.... If that dosent work then I am going to order the new nvram from sun....


Я почти уверен что она забутается а потом опять пассворд спросит. Кстати как nvram выглядит. С этикеткой или черный с DALLAS или как-то еще?
-----
www.laseremitter.com - Visuals and Lasershows.
птн, 13 апр. 2007 г., 00:17
Photo of NVRAM

Photos of the system
vitbsd
Photo of NVRAM

Photos of the system
птн, 13 апр. 2007 г., 00:40
debug jumper.!

Попробуй его система должна выйти в Дебаг мод где можно модифицировать NVRAM. Чтото типо биоса только командной строкой. Точно не уверен так как с Саном не работал. Так-же там другие джампера есть попробуй их.
-----
www.laseremitter.com - Visuals and Lasershows.
Kashey
debug jumper.!

Попробуй его система должна выйти в Дебаг мод где можно модифицировать NVRAM. Чтото типо биоса только командной строкой. Точно не уверен так как с Саном не работал. Так-же там другие джампера есть попробуй их.
-----
www.laseremitter.com - Visuals and Lasershows.
птн, 13 апр. 2007 г., 00:58
I tried two other jumpers but somehow I missed the debug one!! Going to try it next!

Just installed debian on the system via net boot.. at least the machine is somehow functionally now:)
vitbsd
I tried two other jumpers but somehow I missed the debug one!! Going to try it next!

Just installed debian on the system via net boot.. at least the machine is somehow functionally now:)
птн, 13 апр. 2007 г., 01:24
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Installed debian, ran eeprom "set-security-mode=none" .Reboot. AND EVERYTHING WORKS!!!

that's it. so much for freaking sun eprom security.

Kashey, if you want I invite you for feast(food,beer,unix servers) on the weekend!!! contact me on icq if interested - 2601407.
vitbsd
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Installed debian, ran eeprom "set-security-mode=none" .Reboot. AND EVERYTHING WORKS!!!

that's it. so much for freaking sun eprom security.

Kashey, if you want I invite you for feast(food,beer,unix servers) on the weekend!!! contact me on icq if interested - 2601407.
птн, 13 апр. 2007 г., 02:06
Чувствую предстоит ахуенно интелектуальная беседа.
La Idiot
Чувствую предстоит ахуенно интелектуальная беседа.
птн, 13 апр. 2007 г., 02:52
Чувствую предстоит ахуенно интелектуальная беседа.

ахтунг ! ггг

а ты не ревнуй. бугага
-----
*
*
Havoc
Чувствую предстоит ахуенно интелектуальная беседа.

ахтунг ! ггг

а ты не ревнуй. бугага
-----
*
*
птн, 13 апр. 2007 г., 17:59
}|{yTb был первым с правильным ответом.:))))
-----
www.laseremitter.com - Visuals and Lasershows.
Last edited by Kashey on птн, 13 апр. 2007 г., 18:40
Kashey
}|{yTb был первым с правильным ответом.:))))
-----
www.laseremitter.com - Visuals and Lasershows.